Oh boy...

A foul cold. I guzzled coffee all day, interspersed with a rather strange fruit juice that the students had rejected (orange, swede and carrot - guaranteed high in vitamins). I used Vick vaporub and French olbas oil (mostly lavender), but to no avail.

I said I couldn't go to the Pessac guys group - after all we meet round a small table and suck the sugar off each others' coffee spoons.

I went to the student centre and managed an hour before slinking away home again. People on the bus looked alarmedly in my direction till someone got on and started shouting rude words, helpfully distracting people from my wheezing, sneezing and oozing.

I went to the late night jazz band rehearsal and sat in a daze trying to count the beats in "Blue skies" - which last night just had me completely foxed. I didn't know if I was coming, going or been. I didn't know if I was in the loo or the barbers'. I was rewarded by the news that I have been unanimously elected onto the Conseil d'Administration. OK. It's all grist to the mill.

Apryl says I should take the salt water aerosol and spray it up my nose. I have never been so tempted by something so vile in all my life (apart from the New Year oysters, but that was just peer pressure which I resisted manfully.)

Today I feel a tiny bit better. Yesterday the world was weird and I wasn't coping. Today things have at least an air of normality.

Comments

Ken said…
I've read the symptoms, you don't have an illness, just AGE!

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen