La vidange

So the car was due for its service - oil change and filters, basically, and check the brakes.

Last time a mechanic friend did it and with the oil and stuff and his morning's work it cost roughly 100 euros.

Since then our local Citroën guy has replaced the timing belt and the clutch mechanism - and the clutch is making a rather strange noise - like a cicada - it reminds me of the noise when the thrust bearing went on my dad's Oxford.

So I rang around:

The Peugeot garage where Gwilym was doing his work experience: 220 Euros.
Midas (a drive-in servicing chain): 150 euros.
Someone else whose name I've forgotten: 160 euros.
The Citroën guy down the road: 70 euros.

I said, "When can you do it ?" "Friday morning..."

I then thought that I must have heard him wrong and it was 170 euros, but anyway I thought we'd go for it.

Well the bill was 85 euros. And he said, "that noise is the thrust bearing (butin), it's covered under warranty, come in sometime in July with it and I'll sort it out free".

And the brakes ? The disks need replacing but the pads are good, so we'll wait till it needs pads as well...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen