I do try, honestly

Last trombone lesson of the year. "Let's have a gouter (afternoon tea) ! Anna has made some cookies, Thomas and Yannick are bringing drinks, I've made a chocolate cake, we'll start earlier at 5, is that OK ?"

Yes, that suited me because we had a Church Members' Meeting at 7, so I found some cherry jaffa cakes and a bottle of nice orangeade and off I went. Needless to say, the presence of cake attracted many spectators, including profs of percussion, piano, oboe, guitar etc. I manfully blasted through my mambo to wild applause (they liked the cake) and we played scales in chords and stuff...I suggested that next year for the open day if instead of a demonstration we do a dégustation (tasting) Renaud would have lots more pupils. It was a very nice chocolate cake.

Then quickly off to get Pat and go to the Church Members' Meeting.
A barbecue.
We took thinly sliced and marinated belly pork and a nice salad with onions, olives and stuff. I avoided most of the meat and ate a couple of small chicken drumsticks and a slice of belly pork to know if the marinade was OK. Salads otherwise. Two ladies who haven't seen me for some weeks said, "You've lost weight." They're adorable. Discussion was of what Biblical principles determine how we furnish a place of worship.

Over the meal table (not my fault) people reassured us about our pipes problem. Everyone has had it and everyone suggested means of clearing it :

1) extreme plunging. Stop up every orifice and plungs vigorously at the last one.
2) déstop. Evil caustic soda down every orifice
3) call a man with a powered plunger

there are two things that the British frankly do better, shared one friend. Wiring and plumbing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen