Meeting with the JWs

It was the third time my JW friend had called. We can't meet up every week, and that may be just as well. I said I wasn't interested in playing textual ping-pong but that if we read passages together I'd be up for that. So today, after a certain amount of persuasion and persistence on my part, we got through the first two chapters of Philippians reading aloud. Meanwhile we talked about their problems with the nature of God, the person of Jesus, the personhood of the Holy Spirit. They're very open and I keep telling myself that I may be the first pastor they've ever spoken to. Certainly the young one today called me a prêtre. It'll be a different young one next time. We'll see.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen