Allez le Pays de Galles !

Trombone lesson yesterday was about projection. Yes, it's school hols, but what with Renaud being a militaire and all that he'd had to skip a lesson a few weeks back so we met up yesterday at the music school to catch up. He'd mentioned the rugby match when he phoned to arrange the time, so I dug out my Welsh cap and wore it to wind him up.

It's funny the words you don't learn. He proposed a small wager. I thought he was suggesting that they were playing at the Stade de France. ( On parie ? En Paris ? ) Anyway, once I had grasped the concept I didn't take him up on it !

The proposed wager was our cars. Since I have a 2003 Berlingo, somewhat the worse for wear with 160000 km on the clock and Renaud has a 2009 BMW 320d, he stood to lose more than I did !

A measure, perhaps, of his confidence in the French team. Or should I say the French herd, since most of them are built like bulls...

Anyway we lost the match but at least I kept my car.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen