My birthday party

I had a milestone birthday on Saturday during the FAC Outreach. I used to think 40 was old. Now, with ever-increasing hindsight, I know that these numbers change nothing. Anyway one of the students had said ça se fête, and so it proved to be.

There I was innocently sat in my dressing gown of many colours / with sleeves (there's a textual variant) sending a video of a guy playing Bach on piccolo trumpet to my trumpeter friend, Joseph, when I glimpsed him out of the corner of my eye (j'hallucine, thought I). Then his mother. Then his sister.

I retreated to the bedroom and donned some garb.

Students arrived. MV team members. Other folk from the church. Eventually we were more than 20 and it was a very happy time.

I thought that Pat had made rather a lot of chilli for just the MV team and us, but far be it from me !

Not only did we have a fine fête, but we also had a splendid cake made by Catrin's fair paws and I was given a copy of Calvin Héraut de Dieu by Eric Denimal, signed by all and sundry. This very book I had ordered from an Amazon bookmonger recently and had that very morning received an email saying they were refunding me because they couldn't supply it.

Eric Denimal is that rare beast, a pastor who can write. (No offence meant, people) He used to be a journalist before becoming a pastor in the Eglise Libre in (I think) Nîmes, so his stuff is well-written and sells to the general public as well as to Christians.

Comments

Martin Downes said…
Penblwydd hapus boyo!
Amrita said…
Happy birthday Alan

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen