Chop the tail off it

I have long been sceptical of alternative therapies.

Years ago I tried little homeopathic pills for hay fever - you dissolved them under your tongue. The ingredients were silica, sucrose. Yep - sugar and sand. They didn't work. I shouldn't have read the ingredients.

A friend used to look at me through half-closed eyelids and mutter "phosphorus". Not for me.

Chinese medicine ? Well I am not Chinese.

However such is the persuasive skill of my friend Andy that he has me drinking pomelo pith and lily bulb soup for the next ten days to "chop the tail off" my asthma.

I have dark misgivings. I know that grapefruit are now supposed to interact with all sorts of things and so on... Still, if it chops the tail off my asthma I won't complain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen