New Year, New Start

Of course, New Year doesn't mean anything at all, really, but it is useful psychologically in reminding us that we can start again, rethink, change direction :

Tim helps here.

John Piper helps with prayer here.

Justin Taylor helps with Bible reading plans here.

By the way : I was at a conference with a friend once. He'd brought his One Year Bible and the speaker was going to read from Acts 17. I think it was somewhere around November in the One Year Bible ! The ESV Daily Reading Bible avoids this by just putting notes in the margin for when to start and stop reading rather than rearranging the entire text.

By another way : Why do so many people feel it appropriate to read the Bible in a kind of Shakespearian "Richard III" voice ? I get daily readings sent to me by email and if I click on a certain link I can hear it read in the style of an evil murderous tyrant king. hmmm.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Alan & Pat,

I noticed that nobobody has commented for a while, so I thought I'd just post our prayerful best wishes for the New Year, so that you know that you do have readers, even if we are not itching to get ur fingers on the computer keyboard!

Alles Gutes zum Neuem Jahr.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen