My admiration is dented

It had to happen. And it happened this morning.

I was off to the student centre for 10 am. Easy-peasy. I had a rendez-vous this afternoon in Pessac so I decided to park the car there and hop on the 45. Four buses an hour. Nothing could be easier.

Well I waited at the stop. I was having a happy time listening to Brandenburg 5 on my phone and remembering the time in Cardiff when I heard it live and the famous harpsichordist got lost in the long cadenza.

This disabled lady with walking sticks came and also waited for the bus.

But there's four buses an hour so one must be along soon.

One was. Sans Voyageurs. (Not in Service.) We looked at each other.

But there's four buses an hour so one must be along soon.

One was. Another Sans Voyageurs. What is it with them today...

We waited more. I sent a SMS to say I was having bus problems. As I sent it a bus came and we got on.

Then a lady got on who was not pleased, but who held her peace for a moment.

Then another lady who was not pleased and had no intention whatsoever of holding her peace.

By this time I was on Berlioz so I listened keenly to his raucous blare while the ladies remonstrated with the bus driver. I never heard a sweeter ophicleide !

I felt that they were picking on the wrong guy. After all he was the one who had turned up and stopped at the stops and let us on. It's all the others who hadn't done so who needed remonstrations.

I didn't point this out. Least said, soonest mended is the watchword. Anyway, he was more than holding his own in the ... discussion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen