Inviting the students to Christmas lunch

Last night a group of us went inviting students to Christmas lunch at the student centre.

I'll spare you the gaffs, such as the chap who was inviting them to come for lunch in the evening (!?)

We met lots of folks who seemed keen - North Africans, other Africans, Chinese. Some expressed interest in the English classes. It was a super time.

I got dropped off by the S5 bus de soir stop in time to catch the 10:30pm. As I waited a chap went past and said "It isn't coming by here at the moment because of the roadworks further on."

Aaaaarrrrgghhhh ! Where was it passing ? Hard to say. So I began walking home past the dark vineyards of Haut-Brion and phoned Pat to come and get me. We met by the lawn-mower shop and got home safely.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Now there's a romantic little tryst, by the lawn-mower shop eh? Regular spot?
Alan said…
Hope not !
Alan said…
I was recounting this to Ben and he shared how he had lost his car in a multi-storey carpark.

It's weird but as I trudged past the deserted vineyards and through the empty streets of Pessac I thought "oh boy, here we go, I am going to get murdered now and what a mess that will cause..."

As Ben hared up and down the floors of the multi-storey carpark he thought pretty well exactly the same thing.

The ladies, however, never ever believe that they are about to be murdered on their nocturnal pelerinations of the streets of Bordeaux. They say "I don't like it, but I don't think like that..."

What is it with us great lummocks that we are convinced we're about to be despatched ?

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen