Well, for better or for worse, I've signed up for the exam...

I emailed my old phonetics teacher to tell her I'd decided to sit the exam. She replied with an email authorising me to enter for it even though I missed the entry date (last Friday). I got a bit unnerved by this and filled in the form, wrote the cheque and photocopied my passport in double quick time so I could take it to the office at the DEFLE, our old language school.

A good stare at the website, a few unanswered phone calls and I concluded that the office was open only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. 

Panic over. All I had to do was go there first thing this morning. So I did, arriving at 8:50am, 10 minutes before opening time and about 25 minutes before the office opened. I showed my email, the secretary checked everything and said that I'll get my convocation by the end of the week, the orals start on the 15th and the written exams around the 21st, I think.

Another fine mess I've gotten myself into! 

Still, at the end of all this maybe I will be 100% Welsh, and British and French!

Now then, for a Frenchie surname, what should I ask for... 

LeGalle? 
DeGalles? 
Or perhaps D'Avé?

Comments

Emmanuel said…
You don't need a Frenchy surname, do you ? I thought it wasn't compulsory.
Alan said…
No, it's not compulsory, and we'll doubtless stick with Davey, even though it doesn't sound very nice with French pronunciation.
Annie said…
D'Avé! J'aime ça :D

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen