What do I need to do to apply for French nationality?
1) Demonstrate that I have lived in France for eleven years.
Five years continuous residency in France is the minimum for me to request naturalisation. If I demonstrate 10 years residency then I should get a reply within a year. Continuous residency is defined as no break longer than six months, I think.
I am not sure what evidence is acceptable. I have my bills for council tax for all those years, so I could submit those. I could print off electricity bills for at least five years, maybe ten.
2) Show that I have no criminal record.
You can apply for this online.
3) Demonstrate that I have learnt French.
The exams next week and the week after are to this end.
4) Certificates translated by an official translator:
Birth and marriage certificates for all the family.
5) Work situation.
In come tax returns for the last three years as well as pay slips for November and December for the last three years.
A statement of your financial situation (bordereau de situation fiscale) with regard to public finances for the last three years.
6) I think that's all. All the documents that have a date have to be dated within 3 months of the submission of the application. That means that the last thing to do is to get certificates translated, and the casier judiciaire and financial statement applied for.