les Davey de France

Alan and Pat live and work in Bordeaux. Alan is a pastor and Pat was a nurse. Now we work with UFM worldwide. Read on! (If you'd like to know what took us to Bordeaux, then start with the archives from September 2004)

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Independence Day

"Well if June 23rd is going to be Independence Day for England, then we'll have to learn how to celebrate it." That was my reaction when I was told that there was to be an Independence Day celebration at our house on 4th July. To be honest I had thought of suggesting it, but hey! It's better if other people take the initiative.

So 6:30 found me with our gas stove on the patio cooking burgers and sausages along with Mitch who had his all-american backpacking stove.

A merry gang gathered, though we missed the folks who have already left us, of course, and the salads flowed profusely.

When they got playing Uno Extreme I retreated to the sitting room and some peace and quiet from the American music that was playing.

Funny what American music means to different people. Still, I heard some Springsteen for the first time.

And the last.



No comments: