So the estate agent phoned today.
1) We now have all the documents, and a date for signing the acte de vente - next Tuesday 22 December at 9am.
2) Meanwhile the buyer's father-in-law would like to begin work on the plumbing this weekend.
3) Therefore would we mind giving them the keys before we sign on the sale.
I said I knew that it was strongly discouraged, that I would take advice and get back to them.
So I phoned our solicitor.
1) The solicitor does not yet have all the documents, the date is provisional, conditional on getting the missing document from the Pessac Town Hall.
2) It is indeed strongly discouraged to allow the buyers to begin work on the house before signing.