les Davey de France

Alan and Pat live and work in Bordeaux. Alan is a pastor and Pat was a nurse. Now we work with UFM worldwide. Read on! (If you'd like to know what took us to Bordeaux, then start with the archives from September 2004)

Friday, August 07, 2015

Dairy-free

No, I have not gone "paleo"...

But in April a friend told me that he was having problems with a sticky throat, so I told him what the Chinese had told me, namely to avoid milk.

Recently I got an email from him saying, "Thanks for the tip, I have stopped taking milk and my throat has cleared up."

Well waddayaknow!

So I thought about it briefly and have given up milk in my tea, coffee and in my porage.
I now make my porage with water and drink my tea and coffee black.
And it's all fine.

7 comments:

Emmanuel said...

It's all fine, but how was it before ?

Alan Davey said...

Sticky throat.

Emmanuel said...

So you had a sticky throat for all those years ? What is a sticky throat ?

Alan Davey said...

It's when you have could be a cat, could be a frog in the throat...

Alan Davey said...

Not "all those years", but a tendency to have to clear my throat more than I would like...

Emmanuel said...

It could be the wine, Bordeaux pollution, too much shouting, age. What is the link with milk? Sorry, I am not convinced by any of these food fads.

Alan Davey said...

Your wisdom is unassailable and needs no endorsement from me.