les Davey de France

Alan and Pat live and work in Bordeaux. Alan is a pastor and Pat was a nurse. Now we work with UFM worldwide. Read on! (If you'd like to know what took us to Bordeaux, then start with the archives from September 2004)

Monday, January 26, 2015

Pens

I don't know if I have blogged about pens in the past, but they're pretty wonderful if you find a good one. I have very bad memories of those blotchy biros we used to have at school - the ones with long ends made to look like old-fashioned ink pens. They left globs of sticky ink that would get on your hands and you couldn't get it off. Nasty.

Anyway at present I am a fan of two types of pen.

Firstly the PaperMate InkJoy Quatro four colour ballpen. I have found two different kinds of this pen, one with pretty normal colours : black, blue, green and red, and one with rather more girlie colours : violet, magenta, indigo, lime green, etc. To be honest, I am not entirely sure what these other colours are, but they are easily distinguished from the normal ones, so they work for me!

This gives me eight colours for mind-mapping and means that I can just take two pens with me and still take notes separating  the different headings with different colours. Very convenient.



Secondly, I have just discovered the Hero 616 fountain pen. Well, I say I just discovered it, but really many years ago I read about this pen in an article about Parker 51 copies from China. Then a couple of weeks ago I saw one on Amazon and ordered it. And it's quite phenomenal. Being a Chinese pen made for the Chinese market it is very, very inexpensive and it looks just like a Parker 51, but with the addition of a window to see how ink you have left. It has a fine nib and writes sensationally well.




No comments: