les Davey de France

Alan and Pat live and work in Bordeaux. Alan is a pastor and Pat was a nurse. Now we work with UFM worldwide. Read on! (If you'd like to know what took us to Bordeaux, then start with the archives from September 2004)

Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Le pBone vert est parti dans le sud de la France

Last time pBones became available I ordered one for my mate, Manu, and one extra to sell.
I'd never seen a green one so I ordered one of those.

Big mistake !

Red is the colour of fêtes, férias and festivals. Green is the colour of mould.
So I advertised it in the schools of music.
No interest.
Profs de trombone recommended it to their pupils.
In vain.
I put it on eBay and on Le Bon Coin. Still nothing.

We came back from holidays and I thought, "OK, I'll put on the green one and my red one and see what happens." I also dropped the price.

And the green one sold last weekend. I posted it off on Monday and it shoudl have arrived today, assuming the buyer was at home.

So much for making a packet selling plastic trombones! Trouble is, they're no longer £50, they're £90, and by the time you add on carriage then really you're not much cheaper than Conn-Selmer with their 149€.

No comments: