I feel I ought to make clear...

The BBC News magazine has a nice article this morning here which talks about the London French.

(Makes me chuckle, that, with images of French friends doing la marche du lait, like the London Welsh did y wâc llâth all those years ago and set up Welsh dairies in London where they did not water down the milk...)

Anyway I feel I ought to make clear that while there are approximately 250 000 people who live in Bordeaux itself, that would be like saying that the population of London is those that live in the square mile. Everyone regards London as including a far wider area, and everyone would regard Bordeaux as including the CUB, which has 800 000 inhabitants.

Be that as it may, we're thankful for the friends who are reaching French-speakers in London, amongst them our friend Maxime !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen