les Davey de France

Alan and Pat live and work in Bordeaux. Alan is a pastor and Pat was a nurse. Now we work with UFM worldwide. Read on! (If you'd like to know what took us to Bordeaux, then start with the archives from September 2004)

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tuesday - the Colloque

Well that was a week, that was !
Easter Sunday, Maxime preaching at church and ALL THOSE PEOPLE at our place to eat. Wonderful !

Then on Tuesday off to Lyon for the Colloque Biblique Francophone where Don Carson was to give three addresses on the concept of "Son of God" in the Bible, Dr F was speaking twice about Islam, Charles Nicolas was speaking once on ministering to the sick and dying and Régis Berdoulat was giving a biographical address on the French Livingstone, François Coillard. And I would preach three times.

Lyon seems to be a major centre for Catholicism (shops full of statues of Mary, Catholic university etc.) and the Colloque was held in a huge conference centre up on a hill just outside the centre. Last year I went by train, which took 9 hours, before taking tube and bus to the ceonferece centre but this year Easyjet came to the rescue and I got to Lyon by 9 am. Which meant I had some hours to kill before going to the conference centre for 3.

So I browsed in bookshops and music shops, then hunted to find somewhere to eat lunch for under 20€ (NOT EASY) and ended up chatting to the people sat next to me while eating chicken and noodles in a pizzeria.




Found the conference centre with no greater trouble than my shoes, which were not really made for walking, brief nap, dinner, then gave my first message, from Ephesians 1 about being chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world. Off to bed to sleep better than I have for weeks !


No comments: