Le Colloque Biblique Francophone

Next week is a conference for pastors and Christian workers at Lyon, the Colloque Biblique Francophone. Last year was the first time I'd been able to attend and during the conference the organisers asked me if I would consider being stand-in for their evening preacher in 2012. They'd asked Stuart Olyott (now pastor of our church in North Wales) to preach and he had agreed on condition they had someone lined up as a backup. I thought, "Stuart's health is good now. Yes, OK, it's an honour, no problem."

The main speaker is Don Carson. That made me laugh. I know there's no league tables for preachers but, well you know what I mean. Not only that but in Bala 2011 I was on the same programme as Don Carson. I was doing the missionary talk and he the main addresses.

Anyway, Stuart's health is still good, but Doris his wife is waiting for an operation later this month so I am preaching next week.

Poor Don. He'll think there's something going on !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen