les Davey de France

Alan and Pat live and work in Bordeaux. Alan is a pastor and Pat was a nurse. Now we work with UFM worldwide. Read on! (If you'd like to know what took us to Bordeaux, then start with the archives from September 2004)

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

This week

Well yesterday was spent quietly working at home - I typed up the notes of the preaching seminars, made much easier by the fact that I could ALMOST just copy the typed notes we'd been given ! I dealt with emails and phone calls and such like and did my washing from the weekend so I have shirts for the week ahead. Pat and Catrin were away at a friend's house finishing off a dress they've bene making for Catrin and rescuing a bleach-damaged dress of Pat's by turning it into a skirt with an appliqué flower to hide the bleach. Gwilym was off with his mates in town. The evening was a quiet family evening - two episodes of Dr House, but I lost interest and went to bed !

Today is about phoning schools and stuff and preparing for the weekend. I'm preaching at Anglade and then we have folk back for a barbecue here, then preaching in the evening in English. This evening from 5pm to about 8pm we have the church council meeting, then at 8:30 the prayer meeting. In theory the JWs will arrive this afternoon for our weekly chat. If I am to bear with their habit of straining at gnats and swallowing camels I will have to have drunk lots of coffee between then and now ! (Do they think the same thing about me...?)

No comments: