Well that was exciting !

Sometimes you are just aware that God has taken charge of your day.

Today I had a meeting 9:30 - 11:30, followed by a lunchtime meeting at FAC, followed by helping someone move at 14:30, followed by a meeting this evening at 18:00. Also the English Patient returns today. I thought "This'll NEVER work out."

Well all went well till the lunchtime meeting overran, so I rang Pat who was meeting me at Saige at 14:30 to help move our friend (she'd forgotten) and she went there while I hopped on the tram. When I arrived I discovered that due to a slip-up our student friend didn't yet have the keys so my lateness was no problem at all.

Our friend is an overseas student whose wife and child are joining him this weekend. You may remember that I went with him to the town hall in Pessac when we were trying to find him a flat. Well he has a newly decorated place on the 17th floor of one of the towers in Pessac. It has a nice lounge with a kitchen attached and round the other side a small room which could easily be the baby's room. Then there's a separate bedroom etc.

The views from the 17th floor are spectacular - right out over Bordeaux, but I am not sure how secure I felt out on that balcony !

I realised that our friend doesn't have any furniture - well not the things that matter - a table and chairs, armchairs, a bed, though there's lots of cupboard space in his flat. We could lend them some plastic chairs and a table until they can get something better, though.

Meanwhile the English Patient phoned and his train gets in after my 18:00 meeting finishes, so I will simply be able to scuttle off to the church to let him in and settle him down for the night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen