Sometimes I feel quite sorry for my English class

Last night we listened to a BBC 6 minute English webcast that talked about oxytocin and love. Some crazed loon has decided that we could produce pills to take away the pain of the broken-hearted, and DNA tests to assess whether someone is capable of forming a stable, faithful marriage relationship.

Anyway from there we discussed mechanistic theories of man, and whether a pill to cure a broken heart would be a good or bad thing, then listened briefly to the song "I'm Henery the Eighth I am" sparked off by someone's story of their friend who has been married and divorced 8 times. Then we reviewed how to describe people (tall, short, thin, stocky, etc...)

Then we turned to read 1 Corinthians 13 and to 1 John 4 for some help !

I can tell you, they REALLY talked last night !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen