It's a tough job, this, you know

For Christianity Explored I like to use some of the film clips to illustrate various points. I think the Louis Armstrong "Wonderful World" from "Good Morning Vietnam" illustrates the lawlessness of sin very well, for example.

When we do grace, which we will soon, we use a scene from "Les Misérables" where Jean Valjean steals the bishop's cutlery, then the bishop gives him the candlesticks too and tells him that he has redeemed him etc... The only trouble is that I don't have a DVD of the film we use so I will have to order it from Amazon. Slightly ironically, it's an English language production of "Les Misérables", with Geoffrey Rush, but it's available dubbed into French.

But what I do have is a copy of Claude Lelouch's 1995 "Les Misérables", so I watched it today to see if I could use that instead of buying the Geoffrey Rush one. We could at a push, but the Rush one would be much better. Meanwhile the Lelouch film is a stunner. I got it cheap one day at our supermarket and it was worth every penny of the 40 pence or so that it cost !

p.s. Pat and I had a Valentine's Day moment this morning and watched the Lelouch Misérables together. It was then that I realised I had completely missed a rather rude moment near the start of the film ! Mild by today's standards but there nonetheless...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen