Well there we are

There was a tram and bus strike. For me it meant that instead of taking me to Pessac Centre the tram stopped at Bougnard so Pat had to come out and get me there instead of at the centre.

We had a happy time with tract distribution and then in the English class, though this week for the first time I had Fiona's group - so we worked on "the thing", and on tongue twisters, and on the entire conjugation of the present tense in regular English verbs (You must pronounce the s on "he /she/it walks"), and on reading aloud and I suggested they sing along to cds.

But I have been bitten in the eye by a mosquito again. Brutes ! Me left eye again, and it is all puffy and swollen. I didn't have time to go to the doctor, so I've put some anti-histamine cream on it, but I think it will just take time to go down again.

To begin with I wasn't sure it was a bite - I wondered if it was an allergic reaction, but I am told that there are still mosquitos around even now, after a week of hard frosts !

I hate things like this because it isn't painful or dangerous, but it is obvious so it attracts people's sympathy and concern quite disproportionately. Oh well...

Comments

minternational said…
Oh no, my dear man, how utterly terrible, what shocking news, how distateful and agonising; you must feel absolutely terrible about looking so odd and...well, bitten. Oh the sheer disaster; I feel soooo much for you.......

(expressing disproportionate concern and sympathy)

Hope you have a happy Christmas nevertheless (now there's a great word to teach the english class - nevertheless: 3 words in one; almost a seasonal bargain methinks).
Alan said…
Oh you are a wag.

We love you, though, your waggery notwithstanding.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen