OK - so that's how it is, then.

It looks as if we have settled into a happy pattern of frantic weekends. Saturday began gently but then accelerated.

The morning I updated the blog, then prepared for the English Class and I also tried to suss out Audacity, because I think I am going to have to start editing MP3 files. As well I tried to reduce some sermon sound-files down to a size that can be emailed. It's just dawned on me that I sent some of these to my deeside.org.uk address, which redirects to gmail, but they haven't arrived yet !

Then Pat had told a friend that she'd help her on the tea stall of the Bordeaux Anglican Chaplaincy's Christmas Bazaar, so we delivered them there for 2pm. I had a brief talk with a few people, including the vicar, especially about church premises. It's a constant headache for newish churches in France. Then off to the student centre for the English class.

It's lovely driving through central Bordeaux at the moment because there are lights everywhere. The trees along Cours Georges Clemenceau have little lights and floodlit branches and the other shopping streets have lights strung across. It's quite magical.

The English Class went well, then off to Chartrons for the last of the concerts given by the American youth choir, the Musical Heirs. We eventually found somewhere to park and I noticed that it was 7:30. The concert started at 8:30 so we ducked into a pizzeria and I told the waiter we were in a hurry.

How long have you got ? A half-hour ?

Forty minutes, I said.

No problem.

So the pizzas came swiftly and we ate quickly, paid and scuttled off to the concert just round the corner. I had heard the choir's programme 3 or 4 times before, but this was the best I had heard them.

Then hot chocolate and a quick chat with some of the more musical people in the church - some of them are keen to start a singing group.

I couldn't direct it, but you could, said one lady.

I'm not sure she's right, but I am very pleased she said so from the point of view of language !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen