A quiet week on the blog

I know it's been a quiet week on the blog. This is because of :

1) The pastorale nationale. I ought to post my reflections, but I confess that I am still chewing on it all.

2) Installing a new printer at the student centre and blissfully printing out LOTS of Bible study booklets (it prints A5 booklets automatically !)

3) Today the car had it's first controle technique. As our car has a five year service included guarantee this was done free of charge and the bulbs that needed replacing were also free of charge. The two tyres were not free of charge, but the car has now done 92,000 km (57,500 miles) so I suppose to have now replaced all four tyres is not such a raw deal.

The free servicing runs till November 2008, and I hope that the next service will include the dreaded timing belt change. It'll be good to get that done free.

The drawback is that due to a mess-up in the garage in Picardy that initially sold the car, I have to take the car to our old garagiste in Villenave d'Ornon, which means either wasting LOTS of time on the bus or taking a book with me and spending lots of time in Villenave.

Still, I got my hair cut (about time, too) and it all worked out OK.

When your car passes its Controle Technique you get a sticker (vignette) to stick in the windscreen of the car so that people can see that it has been done. The next one is due in 2009.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen