Visits to the doctor

I am taking time getting used to the French system of health care. We have our Carte Vitale now, which we need when we visit the doctor and the pharmacy. However, it works differently in the two places.

At the doctor you pay with a cheque, and they then process your Carte Vitale so that you are reimbursed the whole amount in about 2 days.

At the pharmacy you pay with your Carte Vitale, and anything that isn't covered by the health system you have to pay with a cheque, bankers card or whatever.

I got it wrong on Monday when I saw the doctor, but I got it right at the pharmacy.

The doctor has ordered blood tests for cholesterol etc. etc. We are also going to begin screening for prostrate cancer - and I hope to get it right at the laboratory when I go to be bled.

Pat has taken Catrin to the doctor this morning - she's been ill all week with nausea, headaches and earaches - so I hope Pat gets it right then.

Comments

Anonymous said…
When you go to the lab for your cancer screening, will you be lying down?
Alan said…
Not as such. Recumbent, more like.

They have this thing a bit like a dentist's chair with armrests going off at 90 degrees and you recline in the chair while they take your blood.
Alan said…
Oops! I mean prostate cancer, of course!

tip of the slung

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen