Prise de sang

So I went to the laboratory. In France it's all very high tech and clean and impressive. I had to give my name, telephone no., address, etc, etc to the receptionist.

Then she said, 'J'ai frappé une mauvaise touche et tout est effacé' (I hit the wrong key and everything is deleted).

I said "Is it you that takes the blood?" *

"No", she said, smiling.

Then she asked my weight, so I remembered to give it to her in kilometres.

We both laughed. I said 'It's early in the morning, after all...'

Then I went into the blood letting room to be bled. There's a chair like a dentist's chair, with two supports for your arms. It just avoids being macabre by not having straps..

The doctor has asked them to do every test known to man, I think. The blood-sucking lady said "Is it just a general check-up?"

"Basically", I said.

So she took lots of vials of blood, then Bob's your uncle, bonne journées all round and off I go.

You have to pay - the health scheme pays 45 euros and I paid 30. As soon as our mutuelle (complementary health insurance) starts working I should be reimbursed, though.

* incidentally I always get this structure wrong in French. Always! Instead of "C'est vous qui prenez le sang?", I say "C'est vous qui prend le sang?"...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen