Christmas Bazaar

This Saturday is the Anglican church's Christmas Bazaar. Pat is going along to help a friend on some stall or other. The friend is a Welsh-speaking Welshwoman who 's an English teacher and married to a Frenchman. She lost her voice recently, so she's asked Pat to go along and do the shouting for her: "ça fait deux euros cinquante, Madame. Non. Deux euros cinquante! Non. DEUX EUROS cinquante! OK, dix euros. Au revoir."

I have the English Class that afternoon, so I am being mercifully spared the bazaar (a fête worse than death?).

But I want to phone the Anglican chaplain soon and meet him for coffee if I can. I was all geared up to ring him some time ago, but he's been on sabbatical till recently and is only just back in circulation.

Incidentally, the French know the word bazaar in the Arab Shopping Centre sense of the word (souk), but they also use it for when somewhere is untidy and cluttered. "C'est le bazaar ici".

Comments

MartinY said…
I can't help it, I keep coming back to this! My desk is a bazaar!

Clear desks mean empty minds in my opinion.
Alan said…
Yes. Empty desk = empty mind. No question about it.

At one time one company I worked for operated a clear desk policy. What that meant was that you kept one drawer in your desk empty and each night you swept the top of your desk into that drawer. The following morning you hoiked it all back out again!

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen