les Davey de France

Alan and Pat live and work in Bordeaux. Alan is a pastor and Pat was a nurse. Now we work with UFM worldwide. Read on! (If you'd like to know what took us to Bordeaux, then start with the archives from September 2004)

Friday, February 10, 2017

Who do you write the blog for?

asked a friend some years ago. Actually it probably wasn't worded exactly like that, but that was the essence of the question. And a very good question it is.

My cousin who lives near London and is perhaps 20 years older than I recently read my piece on corporal punishment in schools in the 1970s and sent me a delightful email about a teacher who had an immensely positive effect on his life.

I knew the man. When I went through junior school I was taught by this man's wife and they both made a huge impression on me, too.




No comments: