1) the suspended ceiling man has been waiting on the electrician to finish putting up the ceiling tiles - and thus to submit his bill. He started the job in April.
2) the electrician was supposed to come during the first two weeks of August but did not, so now we are engaging a different electrician who may be able to come the last two weeks of September.
3) the suspended ceiling man has got fed up of waiting for his money so has submitted his bill.
4) until the electrician comes we cannot fit the kitchen or have adequate heating or lighting in the church (we run an extension lead from the one working socket in the warehouse behind the church building !)
5) during the summer this is not too bad, but the summer is drawing to a close
6) at the same time we're waiting on a substantial bank transfer from overseas to be able to pay people anyway.
Meanwhile yesterday saw more painting, the construction of the sink unit, the purchase of the worktop for the inset sink, the commencement of the plasterboarding of the unsightly pillar, lots of stuff...