les Davey de France

Alan and Pat live and work in Bordeaux. Alan is a pastor and Pat was a nurse. Now we work with UFM worldwide. Read on! (If you'd like to know what took us to Bordeaux, then start with the archives from September 2004)

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Starbucks

I am typing this in Starbucks on the M1 between Nottingham and Pontefract. I just drank a nasty overpriced coffee as rental for the table that I am working at. I've just done a mind map for my talk at Bala. At least I know it will be structured ! I've checked email, Facebook, twitter, done all those things one has to do.

Tonight I am being taken out for a curry ! What about that !

Tomorrow I preach am at Pontefract and pm at LRBC. I know both these churches from YEARS ago but it will be a joy to be amongst the folk there again.

Then Monday to Bala. Bala, beautiful Bala. And at Bryn-y-Groes. And with Don Carson the main speaker. I hope to "set things up" for him with my talk from a real life missionary session. Once I have done my session on Monday night I can just relax and concentrate.

I miss my family and my folk in France so much that I dare not think about it because it hurts too much. But if I put it out of my mind I am ok, and I know that the family's ok.

Oh well, I am off for a stroll before hitting the road again.

No comments: