Is this true ?

I was told yesterday, by people whom I trust, that the spectrum actually has only six colours : Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and Purple.

This makes perfect sense from a colour theory point of view.

It also solves one of the great dilemmas of my life : what colour is indigo, since everyone knows that blue jeans are dyed with indigo but everyone says that indigo is purple. Since blue and purple for me are troublesome to distinguish this has always provoked existential crises of unimaginable proportion - unimaginable to anyone with good colour vision.

However we lose Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain.

Richard Of York Gave Battle Pointlessly ? Prosaically ? Postprandially ? Periodically ?

I need to know two things :

1) Is this true ? That the spectrum has only six colours ?

2) Why have you all deceived me for so long ? This is a major conspiracy against all we differently colour-visioned !

Comments

Gary Brady said…
Newton is supposed to have gone for seven just because it was a more appropriate number!

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen