Les C pas C - Guantanamera

We went to Dax to the feria yesterday. It's a kind of town fair with funfairs, bands playing in the street and bullfighting.

I was keen to go to see what it's like, though I was wary of the level of drunkenness and also unsure how much the bullfighting would dominate.

France has it's own kind of bullfighting where people try to avoid a charging bull either by side-stepping or by vaulting over its horns. But the Spanish kind is also done - at Dax.

Here we have a band (fanfare de rue) playing Guantanamera. My prof de trombone is in this group.

(There was more drunkenness than I've seen before in France, but still pretty mild by British standards.)

Comments

Alan said…
oh - for the feria you are supposed to wear white trousers, a white shirt, a red sash round your waist and a red bandana round your neck. An optional red beret completes the ensemble.

I suppose about half the folk there were dressed like that, from nippers through to old folk.
Amrita said…
Hello I am from Idia and got to you through MissionaryBlogs.com.
I find your blog , videos and pictures very capitivating.

I 'll be sure to visit.The only set back is that i don 't know any French, but I like France a lot.

God bless you fellow- laboureres for the Lord.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen