Happy memories on the tram

"So when did you use dont, and when did you use que ?"

There was no mistaking it. Here we had a great group of the new intake of students from California at the language school. I had parked the car at Unitec to scuttle into town to meet up with Sammy and we all got on the tram at the same stop.

I said "Are you here to study at the DEFLE ? Have you just done your test ?"

We chatted about DEFLE and the test. "Who did the test ? Did they introduce themselves or were they just scary ladies ?" "Oh they were just scary ladies."

I said "Don't write in pencil and don't expect extra assignments to enable you to improve your grade. Use neat paper. Don't turn up late."

One lad likes football so I said that a gang of us goes to Bordeaux matches sometimes (I made it clear that I don't go!) and gave him my phone number on a student centre prospectus. He said he'd ring.

I ached to have some leaflets about the international services to give them but we don't know our dates and times yet. We don't even sign for the venue till Thursday. Anyway they have a student centre prospectus and phone numbers.

In town sat in a café with Sammy drinking coffee and talking about the future and stuff I kept saying "There's another !" as the students wandered back and fore past us, but not near enough to shout to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen