The workshop sessions

I'll post some more photographs soon - that's what you REALLY want, I know. Before that, though, here's the basic outline of the sessions we held.

Glen Knecht spoke from his long experience about ministry. He and his wife served as missionaries in Iran and he has long pastoral experience in the USA. He is in his seventies and currently Associate Pastor at 4th Presbyterian Church in Bethesda, Maryland. He's the author of The Day God Made. He spoke about The Christian Servant's Inner Life, Obstacles in Service, Patterns of Service, Patterns of Study, Parenting, Preaching and Pastoral Counselling.

Eugene Boyer is one of the elder statesmen of Christian work in France and has a great concern for the church that we are currently attached to here. Eugene spoke from Psalm 133 and from his long experience of work in France.

Other folks spoke on The Arab World and How It Thinks, one brother preached from Psalm 117, another spoke about immigrant churches in France, and another spoke from his experience of moving with his work (he's a techie) and urged us to consider our situations as neither permanent or temporary.

(A favourite line from the film Moonstruck - Everything's temporary, that's no excuse!)

I mind-mapped the sessions in my new Moleskine. Yes! Like Ernest Hemingway etc. I now have a Moleskine. Watch out!

It was my birthday this week and I have lots of shirts and enough trousers... I couldn't think of anything that I'd really like and that would be worth getting. (Am I getting too old for this world?)

Then I thought of a Moleskine. I have always admired them but they are expensive really. So that's what I received. A lovely black Moleskine.

Cracking.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Okay then, so what about a picture of the moleskine, resplendent with occupant? Let's just hope the site doesn't get closed down though.

(Yes, I know, doesn't like cameras etc. Methinks (that perhaps) he doth protest too much.)
Alan said…
You have got to be kidding! I can't keep it still long enough to take a photo.
Anonymous said…
Wassa matter then, too busy digging holes in people's lawns?

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen