My hair wanted cutting badly

so I went to the salon where I went last time. I think it's quite expensive at 19,50 €, but you don't need an appointment and it's quite nice. They shampoo your hair before they cut it!
(Sorry - I am used to going to the barbers rather than to hair salons.)

Anyway, here's a bit of vocabulary that will help you if you want a haircut like mine. I hope I've spelt it all ok !

Beaucoup plus courts et dégradés ici - grab the long hair at the nape of your neck as you say this if, of course, you like your hair degraded ..

Je coiffe en avant - avec un frange.

Gel? Cire? Non. J'aime bien que les cheveux bougent un peu.

Oui - faites le tour des oreilles. (I especially like this phrase - it conjures up images of people listening to a commentary about the inside of your lughole)


I wonder what the French is for a footballer's perm. I have this urge to go in and say "je veux de jolies boucles" - or simply "faites-moi beau". They'd probably laugh. A lot.

Comments

minternational said…
I went to the barber's once (ok, it was more than once but now, sadly, aeons ago..) and he said to me 'you need your hair cutting badly', to which I replied, 'that's how you did it last time!' - boom boom!
Alan said…
Keep those bad jokes coming, people.
minternational said…
Was that bad? Oh dear, I rather fancied it was funny. Btw, Oliver Postgate was on Radio 5Live this morning and recited the opening of Noggin the Nog, as well as various other delightful offerings. I just thought you ought to be aware (so that you could go hunting for the podcast...).
Alan said…
Surely any joke followed by 'boom boom!' is by definition bad? I thought it both bad and funny.

By the way, maybe I ought to explain that Dickie Mint's head was once thatched but now is not. The cut has given way to the polish.

Let's here it for all those who reflect in more ways than one!
minternational said…
I may be bald (it's by choice, you know) but at least I can spell....

btw, Tony Campolo (great theologian that he is) once opined that they don't put a marble finish on cheap furniture. 'Nuff said.
Alan said…
Oh no! Does lugghole have two 'g's?

But I can spell too.

Sometimes.
Anonymous said…
No, it dont, and if pronounced proper, it dont ave no aitch neever.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen