Les impôts!

Well, we have had our tax assessment from the French authorities. I don't understand all it says - they seem to be telling me how much I can contribute to a pension plan... I will have to devote a good hour to reflecting on it all.

But the upshot seems to be that they owe us money. I find this hard to understand, but there we are.

From time to time the British system repaid us money - but it was always money that we had given them first via PAYE.

Here it is a straightforward payment. Not a lot of money, but it is better than I had feared, anyway.

Now then - what about taxe d'habitation? Perhaps Villenave will pay us each time they empty the bins...

(on the other hand...)

Comments

Alan said…
Yo Denzil!
papyrus said…
Hi, maybe I can fill you in a bit on this rebate. The reason for it is to encourage people to work even when they're not getting paid much. So it's only paid out to those who are in full-time occupation and do not reach a certain threshold. I'm not quite sure how much that is. The government wants to encourage these people to stay in work and so pay out a little to do so. It would obviously cost a lot more if they all went on the dole.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen