A quiet few days in Rue des Alizes

It's been very quiet here over the past few days.

We spent a pleasant Sunday - the first Sunday of the month there is an evening evangelistic service - quite a departure for France as perhaps you know! A chap from my course expressed interest in coming but wasn't able to make it. Maybe next month - which will be a build-up to Christmas special.

Monday I spent here at home. Gwilym had a cold, and it falls to me to take time off to nurse the sick. As it happened I still hadn't shaken off my cold, so I spent the day resting and dozing too (and starting some of our set books that arrived that morning from the excellent Amazon.fr).

Today it's Catrin's turn to be ill. Pat had a brief lesson this morning, but I would have missed three and a half hours, plus another two and a half this afternoon - so I went to DEFLE this morning and Pat is in this afternoon. I was glad I was able to go in. We were given an explanation of the French nasal vowel system that was little short of inspirational - and I managed to record us going ah - aw - awng, etc.

In Civilisation (8h30 Tuesday morning!) and in Communication we touched on the riots. I'll put some of the reflections in a separate posting - but please don't expect rocket science!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen