Korea to the rescue

Pat here,

well as you know, both Gwilym & Catrin have had days off school not feeling well. Puts a bit of a kybosh on our study, but there you go. Poor chaps need looking after.

So the day after Catrin was off school, I really prayed she would be ok. cos although they are the most important people, we really need to get going, and learn the language, and it is hard enough!

Also, I'm struggling with the "passe composse" and the "imparfait". Well,who wouldn't be!
So I really wanted someone to help me.. Imagine my amazement, when after the lesson of that day (yes, Catrin was well enough to go to school ) two girls in my class who are from Korea, came up to me and said they wanted to help me!!! It must have been the pained expression on my face that gave it away. But I was completely bowled over by this immediate answer to prayer!

We met this morning, we didn't have a class till this afternoon. So it was really good of them to give up their time to help. We spent about an hour going over the homework that I had got wrong, and had redone last night,and to my surprise I had got it right this time.

Then they tried to explain the reflexive verb (we had been doing this too, but I didn't realize!)and I think I managed to understand that too. So although they don't speak English and I don't speak Korean, we managed to communicate through French! Amazing isn't it.

Neither of the girls speak a lot of English, so it was great fun trying to understand them and they, me.

They helped a lot, and although I can't say that I have the hang of it now, at least I feel as if I'm making head way.

I don't know if we will do it again, but I have mentioned that it would be good to have them round here for a meal, although they are probably better cooks than me.

We spent a happy time in the "lingo lab" as we used to call it at school. You know, where you wear head phones and listen to the voice tell you things that you have to repeat. We had to listen to some composition, and answer questions that were on a sheet of paper the teacher had given us. We had to repeat some words too, which sound ALMOST the same but with a slight difference that you have to listen out for.
The we have the happy time of listening to what we have said!

The teacher is quite fun, cos she often plays us a piece of music at the end of the session for our enjoyment! We have the words to look at too, which makes it more interesting.

The last one she gave us had a really nice tune, but when I understood the words, it was all about feeling ill! Nice one.

Every one has the day off tomorrow, it's Armistice day. No school and it's a public holiday here. Might take a walk to the old town, and see if anything is go on at the memorial.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen