New webcam

Hello there. Like a multimillionaire with a hole in his pocket, I've splashed out on a new webcam. It's so good, I've just ordered another for the other computer! It happened like this:

I tend to read two magazines in French (read is a bit strong, obviously - I look at the pictures and gaze wistfully at the words): AutoPlus and Microhebdo. I buy these because they are cheap and will help me find the vocabulary I'm likely to need (though I don't buy AutoPlus if it's just another article telling me a Clio is a better car than a Jazz).

Microhebdo is a particularly fine example of the cheap computer magazine. It does laboratory reviews of all sorts of stuff, and recently it reviewed webcams.

Well my webcam was an Asda WOW special, and it shows. So I thought I'd splash out 20 euros on Microhebdo's best buy webcam. And it is GREAT compared to the awful rubbish I had been using. It's a Labtec Webcam Pro, 19E99 from Amazon.fr, free shipping - what more could anyone ask?

p.s. I also like the name Microhebdo. It is short for "Micro hebdomodaire", which means "Micro Weekly", or "Tiny three humped camel", depending on who you ask - you know, you have dromedaries and hebdomodaires.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen