Coup de grace

Lawns.

1) Last night I cut ours. It's a big area, but thankfully there's not much grass on it! The hot, dry summer killed off most of the grass leaving mainly "des mauvaise herbes". Actually some of the weeds are much more interesting than the boring old grass anyway - so I carefully mowed round the thing with huge white flowers and the patch of chamomile in the front lawn. To be honest, if the whole thing was chamomile it would probably be more robust and more attractive.

I don't think the lawn had been mown since July, when I first saw the house. It'll be interesting to see when it needs mowing next.

2) French people seem to love the idea of lawns. Certainly the nearby (expensive) garden centre has lots of big petrol mowers. Perhaps it's a macho thing. I may not have much of a covering, but I have a powerful mower.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen