Another helpful chap

Cast your mind back. Remember we bought a left hand drive car, which has a 5 year extended warranty, servicing included, which is transferable if you sell the car? Well I thought I'd better go to a Citroen garage and make sure all was in order.

It wasn't. The warranty isn't on the Citroen system. The invoice said we had the warranty. We had the contract for the warranty. We had all sorts of documentation for the warranty. But it isn't on the Citroen database.

Oh dear! What do we do now?

Well, thankfully I had gone to a very friendly independent Citroen garage at Villenave, down a back street near the rocade. The proprietor telephoned the garage who sold the car. It transpired that at that time they had a problem with a secretary who for some reason did not put the warranties onto the Citroen database. So all we have to do is when we take the car to service, get them to verify with that dealer that the contract is good, and Bob's your uncle.

Yippee! And what a nice, friendly, helpful garage. I know it's no skin off his nose, because he'll probably be paid by the Picardy dealer, but it's saved the skin on my nose big time! And he knows I will always take my car to him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen