Winter chills

 Well here in Bordeaux we seem to have gone from summer directly to winter without passing autumn or collecting golden leaves. We usually have gentle temperatures here but today we hit a maximum of 10°C. This mean that I had to find my ski jacket.

Yes, dear reader, my ski jacket.

I know I have never been skiing, bt I do have a ski jacket.

Some years ago, in Pessac, I went to put some rubbish in the bins room. There, draped across the green recycling bins, was a ski suit consisting of a pair of ski pants and a ski jacket. They appeared to be brand new, completely unworn. They were in an especially impractical colour of pale beige - probably quite a good idea for the pistes but not so good for the buses and trams. I tried the jacket on. It was a perfect fit. It was immediately adopted.

I break it out when the weather gets chilly, like now.

Meanwhile we've paid another instalment on the purchase of the flat. This one was due once the architect certified that the roof and the windows were weather-tight. It means we're getting inexorably closer to completion date when we need to get that kitchen sink fitted and move in. I need to talk to some kitchenmongers and find out how this whole thing works.

At the same time our Christmas programme beckons. We have only one Carol Service, which will take place on 11 December. Before that we will go singing in the avenues and alleyways around the church - anywhere where we can sing without making too much nuisance of ourselves and move on before the constabulary arrives.

And the glory of the baguette has been duly awarded with Unesco World Heritage status. 

About time too! 

It's a masterpiece.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen