A brief pause

There was a brief pause in the blog. There have been pauses like that before, but this was different.

One of our guys has lost his grandmother - in the USA.
Another guy has an already sick uncle ill in hospital - in the USA.
My elderly cousin died the other day in Hertfordshire.
And pastors and conference speakers I know are falling to the virus.

Somehow I hadn't realised that I would know people who succumbed, or at least I was concerned for our siblings, all of whom are older than us and some of whom enjoy robust mediocre health.

I haven't seen my cousin for at least 30 years, and it may be more like 50, but we quite regularly corresponded by email. I suspected he was poorly because I hadn't heard from him in about two weeks, so when the news came is was half-expected.

These are hard days. I have replaced early morning news with good music. I know more or less what's happening. And I'm going to make time to read good things and to watch things that will lift my spirits.

And behind it all we'll continue to do this : set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.  Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.  For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.  When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen