A busy weekend

So the weekend began with me being in Maison de la Bible from 10 till 5 on Saturday, then closing up rapidly and speeding off to speak to the Chinese group.

It was great to be with them, perhaps about 10 people, one family with two small children, two pregnant ladies, the group is changing!

I spoke from Colossians 1 about how the real good news of salvation in Jesus Christ and it was a good time.

My journey back to Pessac was not wonderful, though. I got up from my tram seat and realised that the seat I had bene sitting in was damp, and had left some of its dampness on me. Lovely! Then bus 4 had a rowdy gang of drunk students. Binge drinking is catching on here. They were not aggressive or threatening, but they needed space to fool about.

Then Sunday evening at DAN seemed to go nicely, with some of our folk back from travels, including Frances, who is back from Nigeria for a PhD. It was great to see her.

The message was from Colossians 1:15-20 and it's the most wonderful passage to preach.

Afterwards we went for a picnic on the quays in the autumn heat. This may have been a mistake as only six of us went down to the quays. Maybe eating at Dan is a better option.

Later, at home I thought, "What's wrong with me? I have a head-ache. Ah yes, I'm probably tired."

Anyway, the quays were charming and here's some photos :












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen