les Davey de France

Alan and Pat live and work in Bordeaux. Alan is a pastor and Pat was a nurse. Now we work with UFM worldwide. Read on! (If you'd like to know what took us to Bordeaux, then start with the archives from September 2004)

Wednesday, March 05, 2014

OK. Now en français

Yesterday I finished the first draft of the report of the sabbatical with an outline of plans for future ministry.

During this process I ruled out using the excellent little software package "Scrivener". It's GREAT, but it was a case of sledgehammer and nuts. Still, at least the trial version was free !

Writing it was like pulling teeth and I am sure that I will be doing further changes before I finally send it off to all and sundry.

However, now comes the task of writing it all again, but in French. I won't, of course, translate it. I'll produce a different report that says almost exactly the same, but in French.

Translation is too difficult. Also some things I want to say in English but not in French, and some things I want to say in French but not in English.

This means that bilingual people will be specially privileged, which is only right, of course.

Oh well, off we go !

(At least I don't have to do at all a third time in Welsh !)

No comments: