les Davey de France

Alan and Pat live and work in Bordeaux. Alan is a pastor and Pat was a nurse. Now we work with UFM worldwide. Read on! (If you'd like to know what took us to Bordeaux, then start with the archives from September 2004)

Wednesday, October 09, 2013

My "lucky escape" (let the reader understand)

Walking to the bus-stop with Lynton, Barbara and Chris, I suddenly feel there's no pavement under my heel.

It's one of those white-dust pavements that we have here.

I look back - and where my heel was there's a heel-shaped hole.

I look down the hole, and it opens into a BIG hole underneath.

Wow, that was some rain, that undermined the pavement...!

Later, on the way back from the bus-stop, we see a traffic cone over where the hole was.

I moved it a little to look down the now ENORMOUS hole !

Wow ! If it had been the ball of my foot rather than my heel that could have been a broken ankle pretty easily !

That's why you'll often see me walking down the middle of the road or in the cycle-path. It's safer !

No comments: