Cars and France

Well I don't know what's going on...

Earlier this year some friends drove down to Brittany. Their car broke down.

They came again this summer. This time the car was OK but she broke her ankle.

Some other friends went to a campsite near Paris, but their car broke down.

Other friends have had problems with their cars in the UK. It seems to me that we passed through a period when cars were incredibly reliable. I think of our Rover 414, our Toyotas and our first Citroën. We must have had ten to fifteen years of motoring without a single problem. Others may have had longer.

But now! Have cars become too complicated ? What's happened ?
We frequently hear of break-downs, even of super-reliable Japanese cars...

Meanwhile on arriving home yesterday I turned the key in the ignition.

It started immediately ! After four weeks !

I haven't yet tried to depress the clutch,
which is strange when you consider how hard it tries to depress me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen